This week, I added the last of the embroidery stitches to my wool applique project from a workshop a year ago. Those are French knots in the bottom circle and the top green part.
I dug through my batik stash and found some fabric with green leaves on an orange background that was just calling out to be a border around this project!
The colour in the first picture is truer to how it really looks.
I found some backing and a scrap of batting and basted them together. I have only just started the hand quilting in the orange border. I have a plan for how to quilt the middle part and the outer border and hope to have some time tomorrow to add a few stitches. This is my 4th hand quilting project in the last year and I am quite enjoying the texture that it adds to my projects. I am using a light green thread for the quilting in the orange border and will likely use black thread for the rest of the quilting. (It is hard to see my quilting in this picture..sorry!)
Happy Slow Stitching Sunday!