I cut out some more squares for the background (they are 3.5" squares, in case you were wondering)
Before I added the background squares, this is how it looked.
When Christine was here this past week for our sewing night, I added leaves to the stems and stems to the purple flowers. I also made one more purple flower.
My garden needed some butterflies! This is how my design wall looks now. I am ready to sew all of the squares together. It will be challenging to keep everything going the right way and in the right order. I will keep my seam ripper close by, just in case.
Speaking of gardens, I have a few flowers growing in mine...
These are the buds for the yellow flowers on my Oregon Grape Holly bush.
I will post a picture when my quilted garden is put together!