I seem to be on a bit of a roll with the chemo quilt blocks...This orange and blue scrappy trips block does not need to be done until the end of April, but I made it this past week. I also did May's red and white block...The pattern is called Codex and is from volume 6 of Quiltmaker's 100 blocks magazine.
Christine and I got together earlier this week and we worked on 9 patches for the 9 patch mystery swap for the London Friendship Quilters' Guild. I have now finished 20 brown and 20 black 9 patches. This is the last batch of 9 patches to be handed in for swapping. We will receive our swapped blocks at the May meeting along with the rest of the instructions to assemble the quilt.
On Saturday, Christine, Cathy, Carol and I got together at my house for a sewing day. This is Piper--she belongs to Christine. She came along to supervise our quilting escapades.
Piper was also very helpful when Christine was laying out the backing, batting and top of her new Easter Table runner. Who needs pins when you have a dog to help hold everything in place???
Eventually, Piper moved and Christine managed to get her table runner quilted and bound.
She also quilted a pillow cover "organically" with a little encouragement from the rest of us. It turned out great!
Here is the back:
Cathy worked on the final borders for a baby quilt top.
She plans on using green binding for this quilt. Cathy also worked on her 9 patches for the swap.
Carol is making a table topper with some shot cottons...
And she worked on this: (I love the fabrics!)
Cathy brought my quilted Great Granny Square quilt with her. Trimming and binding are on my agenda for this week.
I started a new quilt...
I made 112 4 patches...
And cut out some bricks to make a bricks and stepping stones quilt (designed by Bonnie Hunter)
The bricks and the 4 patches are sewn together but not pressed yet. This is a very quick quilt to make.
And now, my stash report....
I did not purchase any fabric this week but did receive some batik fat 1/8ths from Erin at My Patchwork Life in the mail. She had a give-away on her block a couple of weeks ago. I will be using these in my Lazy Sunday mystery quilt. (sorry--no picture!)
Fabric used in the last week: 4.35 yards
Total fabric used this year: 75.65
Fabric added to the stash in the last week: .63 yards
added this year: 60.88 yards
Net fabric used this year: 14.77 yards.
I think I will press those units I sewed yesterday before I head off to bed.... Have a good week!