I made my block for the March comfort quilt for the Elgin Piecemakers this week too. It is a wonky quarter log cabin block in gray and white. These blocks will make a fun quilt!
At the sewing day earlier this week, I made three modern improv blocks for the London Modern Guild project. We will be working on putting everyone's blocks into three quilt tops at our next meeting.
I also worked on my Libs Elliott "Weight of Love" quilt. I added two more columns by sewing Y-seams...they take a little longer but all the hexagons seem to be coming together well.
I have several more blocks ready to make into the next few columns to add to this quilt. I will work on this again next week at sewing day.
The Oxford guild is having a VP sewing day in February--everyone is going to make the same blocks in their own colours. I decided to make a baby quilt using some of my orange, red, blue and green fabrics. Here are the fabrics I pulled out of the storage drawers...I might need a few more blues. I'm sure I have a "few" more around to choose from...
I have done most of the cutting for this quilt...I hope to finish prepping by the end of the day tomorrow.
Of course, I am still working on my little embroidery project as well. I added these leaves to the roof of the house today.
I am off to do some more cutting of fabric for the VP day project. Bye for now!