Since I spent a lot of time at home this year due to the pandemic, I did a lot of sewing, knitting, cross stitch and embroidery. I looked back over my blog posts to pick out the top 5 I would like to share today.
1. My blogpost with the most views in 2020 was posted on August 22nd. It featured blocks from a new quilt started this year, "lupins", pattern by Gudrun Erla.
Here are my first few blocks:
I have finished all of the lupin blocks I need for a queen sized quilt and this quilt top will be put together soon so that I can take it to the long arm quilters. It will go into the rotation of quilts for our bed. My husband and I went to Iceland for our 25th wedding anniversary a few years ago and all of the lupins were in bloom while we were there.
2. My blogpost with the most comments featured my Snowflake quilt which I made for a friend to celebrate 30 years of friendship. I used up lots of red and white scraps in this quilt. My friend was thrilled to receive this surprise gift and it is out on display in her living room for the winter months. It will keep her warm while she reads or knits. The pattern is available from Modern Handcraft.
3. I made several baby quilts this year but my favourite was this one, made as a month by month HST sampler quilt with the London Modern Quilt Guild. This quilt was given to a baby boy born in the fall. He and his parents were excited to receive it.
I love the light blue seagulls in sweaters fabric in each block.
4. My favourite finish of 2020 was my Neutral Swap Barn Raising quilt. The neutral blocks were made over the course of 16 months and swapped with members of the Elgin Piecemakers Guild.
5. I participate in the weekly Slow Sunday Stitching Link up with Kathy and decided that I would like to add my favourite slow stitching project to my list. I purchased an embroidery kit at QuiltCon in Nashville in February 2018 and completed the project earlier this year.
Thanks for visiting. I look forward to finishing many projects and starting a few more in 2021.