I put another blue colour block together as a leader/ender project this week as well. I have 9 blocks made now and I am aiming for 16 or 20. These will be used for the April scrappy Colour Blocks project.
Christine and I got together on FaceTime earlier in the week to sew some more logs onto our pineapple blocks. The three blocks that I started in class are just about done. I just need to add a few more orange and green logs to make them square.
You may remember from last week that I had started the remaining 9 blocks that I needed for this project. I sewed logs on them this week during FaceTime but, after sewing for over an hour, noticed that the middles did not look the same as the blocks above.
The centre white square should have points and not be cut off by the next white logs. After consulting with the teacher of the class and doing some measuring of the correct and incorrect versions, I figured out that I had made a trimming error on 7/9 of the blocks. UGH! These are small blocks but very time consuming to make. After sleeping on it, I decided to take the outer white and coloured logs off so that all of the blocks will be the same.
The top pile is garbage. The white strips can be used again. I will try to get back to these this week and make some progress without mistakes!
Love Birds is coming along slowly. The green parts that I am currently stitching are some leaves and then there is another large blue flower.
My cable knitting is getting bigger. This will just be a dish cloth--I wanted to practice doing cables before starting the bigger pattern that I have. I think I have the hang of it!
We took Finn for a long walk this afternoon at a local walking trail. There was a pond beside the path with sunbathing turtles. I remember seeing them in the same spot last year.
I will link up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning.