Last weekend, I took a class with Mary Elizabeth Kinch on piecing with small bits of fabric. The quilt I am making is called Summerhill. It has 4 blocks surrounded by some borders. I have now finished two of my blocks. Each square in this first block finishes at one inch.
The second one is a Courthouse step block--each log is .5" finished. This is not paper pieced.
I am using scraps from my cool Kona solids bin plus red violet. About half of the scraps are all over my cutting table so I am going to have to keep working on the last two blocks and the pieced border before working on any other projects this week. The next two blocks are started.
Earlier this week, I sewed my last 16 lupin blocks together...this took longer than I expected but I am glad to have them done. All 48 blocks are in a bin, waiting for me to cut the setting rectangles and then lay everything out on the floor to put it all together. This is a queen sized quilt and is too big for my design wall.
I started a new baby washcloth this week...so far, I just have the lower border done but I will be working on this again tomorrow for Slow Sunday Stitching, along with my blackwork project. There are 9 coloured squares and 4 gray ones in this Celtic knot design.
My daughter's blackwork bee project looks amazing! She sent me this picture today after finished another bee. There are 19 hexagons in her picture, as well as several bees.
We planted four different types of daffodil bulbs in our back gardens today. The squirrels tend to leave the daffodils alone so I'm looking forward to seeing these interesting blooms in the spring.
We didn't have very many Trick or Treaters this year, but the few we did have were all very cute! I gave them their candy with a long tool that belonged to my parents--they used it to pick things up off the floor or from a high shelf. It worked very well to deliver treats to the kids' bags at a safe distance. Until next week, have a great week, filled with lots of sewing, knitting and stitching.