Saturday, October 3, 2020

Rainbow Scrap Challenge update

 The colour for October is yellow so I pulled out my yellow and gold scraps and made two blocks for my RSC quilt. I had lots of fun yellow scraps for my block. 


As I dig through the scraps, I remember the projects I have made with these fabrics. The daisy fabric was a border on a baby quilt that I made several years ago--the baby is in school now.   The yellow Kaffe fabric is being used on a current project that has not been shown on my blog yet.  Soon, it will be revealed. 


This block was made with my gold scraps..The block looks more gold in real life!  The cat fabric, lower right corner, was used to make a maternity dress for my  SIL. My twin nieces are now in their 4th year of university!  The fabric above the cats was used in a dress for my daughter when she was in grade 1--she wore it at her holiday concert at school. She is 8 years older than her cousins. 


I also made a brown block.  The coffee bean fabric was used recently to make a face covering for my husband.  The baseball glove fabric was leftover from a quilt made for my brother in law.  There are a few quilt backings in this block as well as a fall table runner made for my MIL.

I hope to make 16 blocks for this quilt and have 13 made so far.  Here are all the blocks on my design wall. I am still pondering layouts for these blocks. 


That gold block looks much better in this picture of all the blocks!  I have used 325 different fabrics in these blocks so far.  

I will link up with the scrappy quilters at So Scrappy later today. 

16 comments:

  1. Those are such fun blocks! And that is my favorite part of scrap quilting - remembering where that little bit of fabric came from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are great! Love all the memories, time does go fast. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a lot of fabric scraps and a lot of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun scrappy blocks - I like scrap quilts for the memories as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. yellow is nice - I haven't gotten started on my October month

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun blocks. Will give you a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun blocks and they look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun to revisit the original appearance of your fabrics. They look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun trip down Memory Lane! I too have some of that yellow Kaffe fabric, used it in a guild BOM. When you started these blocks, I have to say I wondered about them. As they're all coming together, I am really loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks are wonderful! This would be a wonderful quilt to keep for the memories it invokes. Plus it’s going to be so lively and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these blocks! You've put these to good use, and the memories are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, lots of wonderful scraps here, made even better by the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these blocks, and the yellow one at the top is my favorite. So many wonderful memories reside in these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your locks look so nice together. Its always nice when these snippets of fabrics bring back such lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely LOVE these blocks for the RSC! What pattern are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This blocks are fun. I liked that they have a mix of pieces. They look great together.

    ReplyDelete