Saturday, March 13, 2021

Stitching on Multiple Projects

The rainbow scrap challenge colour for February was yellow so I made lots of yellow and gray 16 patches which I used this week to make my version of the Colour Block March quilt Pattern.  I may or may not add borders to this quilt...it is currently about 45" square.  I will pick out some backing fabric soon and quilt this one myself.  I have several quilts in line to be quilted on my DSM.  Sometimes, the quilting mood hits and I get a bunch done all at once.  I am hoping this happens soon!


There are some leftover HST's from this quilt which I will use to make a table runner. It might get done before the quilt!

A few more logs were added to the pineapple log cabin blocks this week, using up more green and orange scraps.  I also started the centres for 7 more blocks so I will have enough for a table runner.  These blocks are now about 6.5" square. 


There was a lot of chain piecing this week --I made a 5th blue 16 patch block for this collection. I still have lots of blue squares cut for more blocks. 


The Elgin Piecemakers colours for our April Comfort Quilt are light blue, yellow and gray.  I had just enough of the print fabric for the squares in this block. 


In the knitting department, I finished a baby facecloth with a little bird on it.  I'm going to try making a facecloth with some cables in it next so I can start a bigger cable project next. 


Love Birds had some attention this week too.  I'm a little over 1/2 done this picture. 


My daughter managed to find a little bit of time for some cross stitch this week too.  This one is bigger than some of the other city scapes she has stitched. 


Finn got his hair cut this week.  He loves lying in a sunbeam in the mornings while my daughter works.  He likes to arrange the gray blanket "just so". 


My mother-in-law has snowdrops blooming in her garden! She thinks the squirrels planted them there because she does not remember ever buying snowdrop bulbs. This is a sure sign of spring in her garden. 


In our garden, our earliest bloomer is the witch-hazel bush.  Our snow all melted this past week so the daffodils are starting to come up now.  I love seeing everything come to life after the cold winter. 


I think I saw a reference to this book on someone's blog last weekend so I took it out of the library this week, electronically.  It is a series of essays about yarn stashing--substituting the word "fabric" for "yarn" makes it applicable for all of my sewing friends as well. I would recommend this book to anyone who collects fabric or yarn!

I will be linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge as well as Slow Sunday Stitching with Kathy.

16 comments:

  1. Its always nice to see your various projects, and get a happy snap of Finn too of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful things, I love the log cabin pineapple blocks the colours are so vibrant and go so well together. The facecloth is lovely, Finn looks quite content sitting cosy on his blanket. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your place always has lovely fabric happiness going on. The Elgin Piecemaker block is lovely with those dots, and the blue and yellow. Those pineapple blocks are fabulous and as for the little baby facecloth, 'tis so sweet. That book looks fun. 'Tis a must read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet baby face cloth! You have so many pretty projects and your daughter’s cross stitch is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The postage stamp Monkey Paw quilt is fabulous! Great pineapple progress as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, lots of progress on all fronts! I have early bulbs up too! And some in places where I'm sure the squirrels "helped".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have snowdrops growing too and don't remember ever planting them but they have been returning for a lot of years now and then I found them in another bed - I'm not sure how they got there

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy seeing the progress on all of your projects. I just adore the colors of Love Birds. You are working on that quickly. I don't think I have ever seen snow drops in person. They are so pretty. The leaves of my daffodils are growing in leaps and bounds and there are some crocuses in bloom here. Finn looks great with his recent trim. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some wonderful projects in the works, those pineapple blocks remind me of orange trees here in Florida so bright and cheerful. I just passed my copy of A Stash of One's Own on to a friend I enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That baby bird facecloth is sooo adorable... what a great baby gift it would make!
    Such pretty snowdrops... a promise of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many beautiful projects! Love the facecloth and those pineapple blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute baby bird facecloth. Let's welcome Spring: Snowdrops are lovevly flowers I never saw this one in real life. Beautiful blocks and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute little face cloth! Those snowdrops are gorgeous! I always enjoy your nature pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your grey and yellow blocks and navy look so good together. Your projects are all beautiful. As is Finn with his latest haircut. My snowdrops are over now but lots of daffodils and forsythia is just budding. Spring is on it's way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Your quilt is gorgeous. Love the setting you used. Keep going on your Love Birds. very pretty too and give Finn a scratch behind his ears for me!

    ReplyDelete