Saturday, February 22, 2020

Several Finishes this Week

This has been a week of finishes.  I finished the binding on the three table runners I quilted last Saturday.  My MIL has claimed this one.  It will look nice in her living room.  


The second runner will be given to a friend.


The third one will be donated to the church bazaar.


Next, I quilted and bound the baby quilt I showed last week.  I used some light green solid fabric for the binding.


The backing is some flannel I had in my stash.  I had to make it a bit wider so the orange stripe was added.  I will add a label soon, before I put this quilt away.


I used a combination of wavy and straight lines for the quilting which I did on my DSM.


At my knitting lesson this week, I learned how to do ribbing.  I am creating a sampler of the different knitting patterns I am learning...  Red does not photograph well.


I used Sarah's advice on how to finish off my embroidery project.  She suggested I do a running stitch to cinch in the extra fabric at the back of the hoop and then cover it with a piece of felt.


I hand stitched the felt into place.  I did not want to use glue.


This is now hanging on the wall in my sewing room.


I did a bit of cross stitch on the Linen and Threads February ornament this week. More stitches will be added tomorrow.


My daughter has been really busy at work but had a bit of time this week to finish outlining the first feather on her cross stitch.  Finn likes to help.


Today, I quilted my spinning 4 patch project and I am now in search of appropriate fabric in my stash for the binding.  I have a quilt guild meeting this coming week so I will have lots of show and tell.


I made a springtime pillow case for a friend this week too.  I did a lot of sewing this week!


I will be linking up with Kathy and the Gang of Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning.  Take a look and see what kind of shenanigans everyone is up to this week.

11 comments:

  1. I agree knitting doesn't always show up well - I have that problem to when I want to show a certain stitch. I love the first table runner you show - very pretty. And the child quilt - I love that pattern. Thanks for showing how you did the stitchery in the hoop I am still needing to put the work I received at Christmas in one for hanging that really helps me see how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I have said before, those table runners are gorgeous. The baby quilt is so wonderfully bright and colorful. I like how you finished your embroidery. The felt backing was a great recommendation. Your ornament and your daughter's feather are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! Your three table runners look great but I especially love the first one, I think it's your quilting that makes it pop! Actually I've just been back to look at them all again and the pattern in the second one looks so good, I'm hard pressed to choose my favourite. The baby quilt is such a fun collection of fabrics and your framed embroidery looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making a knitting sampler is a great idea. The finish on your embroidery looks professional! The quilting on your table runners really brings them to life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your finishes. I love that technique for finishing in a hoop for simple, casual pieces. And your table runners all look so good. I especially like the first one - very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your finishes. That hooped piece is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you finished that wonderful embroidery piece!
    You have accomplished so much... retirement agrees with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness you have been busy, I love the embroidery hope its bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly do have a lot of beautiful pretties to show and tell! Those three runners are amazing! Love too your finished embroidery. Doesn't it look fabulous displayed in the embroidery hoop. Love the fabric in the pillowcase you stitched for your friend. Love the flower fabric and as you say it exudes springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice finishes! It must feel good to have some UFOs completed. Knitting is coming along nicely. Great idea to make a sampler. The hoop turned out great. I like how the felt backing turned out.

    ReplyDelete