Saturday, February 1, 2020

Embroidery Done and some HST blocks

I sat down with a cup of tea by my side and added more embroidery stitches to my project several times this past week.  Yesterday, I finished the last few stitches, and it is done!  As directed, I soaked it in warm water and the pink lines on the fabric magically disappeared. 



I had fun trying out some new stitches and when I find the hoop that came with the kit (I know I put it somewhere safe and now it is MIA), I will hang it in my sewing room.


I bought the kit at QuiltCon a year ago on a whim and will need to do another embroidery project in the future. Next, I will be doing a small counted cross stitch picture.  I have my pattern and threads ready...no stitches done yet.  I will start tomorrow.


The London Modern Guild is doing a mystery BOM using only HST blocks.  I dug through my stash and found these two fabrics.  The seagulls wearing sweaters make me smile!  I made a bunch of HST's yesterday.


This morning, I made the first three blocks.  The first one did not go together as smoothly as I would have liked...


My trusty seam ripper saved the day and I was soon back on track.


Here are the next two blocks.




I am told that these will go together somehow to make an interesting quilt top.   There are lots more blocks to go.

I will be linking up with Kathy and the gang in the morning.


13 comments:

  1. I love that little stitchery in the hoop - so cute and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embroider is lovely! Hope you find the hoop soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitchery is beautiful; it is filled with whimsy. Those seagulls are adorable. How fabulous they look teamed up with the orange fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your embroidery turned out so beautiful. I love the seagulls in sweaters fabric...I'll have to be on the lookout for some of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your embroidery is so sweet. And I love the strong colors in your HST project. That looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sweatered seagulls too! Your embroidery turned out beautifully. Now I wonder what you'll be doing with it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What kind of thread did you use on your beautiful embroidered piece? Love your modern blocks should make for an interesting quilt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your stitchery turned out and I hope you find the hoop to hang it :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your embroidery work is wonderful! A perfect sewing room wall hanging. LOL on seagulls wearing sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that whimsical seagull fabric! I am looking forward to seeing how that quilt emerges. Your embroidery is beautiful. I hope you find that hoop soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stitching, I love that piece. I also love that seagull fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That embroidery is a lovely finish! Great fabric and looks good with the red. Look forward to watching this develop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, your finished embroidery piece is darling -- I love trying new-to-me stitches!! :)

    ReplyDelete