Thursday, January 30, 2020

Sewing Escapades

It's been a busy sewing week with lots of progress on several projects.  I also received some squishy packages in the mail today. The first package contained my Modern Guild Make a Mini, Make a Friend swap quilt from Anne L in Texas.  When I signed up for the swap, I said that I liked Frank Lloyd Wright and orange...I think she nailed it!  Thanks for a wonderful mini, Anne!


I made my block for the March comfort quilt for the Elgin Piecemakers this week too.  It is a wonky quarter log cabin block in gray and white.  These blocks will make a fun quilt!


At the sewing day earlier this week, I made three modern improv blocks for the London Modern Guild project.  We will be working on putting everyone's blocks into three quilt tops at our next meeting.


I also worked on my Libs Elliott "Weight of Love" quilt. I added two more columns by sewing Y-seams...they take a little longer but all the hexagons seem to be coming together well.



I have several more blocks ready to make into the next few columns to add to this quilt.  I will work on this again next week at sewing day.



The Oxford guild is having a VP sewing day in February--everyone is going to make the same blocks in their own colours.  I decided to make a baby quilt using some of my orange, red, blue and green fabrics. Here are the fabrics I pulled out of the storage drawers...I might need a few more blues. I'm sure I have a "few" more around to choose from...


I have done most of the cutting for this quilt...I hope to finish prepping by the end of the day tomorrow.


My second squishy package contained my Fun With Barb modern star blocks from her swap!  I already have an idea about how to use these in a quilt. Lots of fun and colourful variety!!!


Of course, I am still working on my little embroidery project as well.  I added these leaves to the roof of the house today.


I am off to do some more cutting of fabric for the VP day project.  Bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment