Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Vice-President's Day at the Oxford Guild

This past Saturday was the annual VP day at the Oxford Quilter's Guild and I arrived bright and early with all of my fabrics cut and ready to sew for the morning.  There were about 20 people at the event and many were working on the challenge quilt.


Pretty soon, I had one block done.


The plan is to make 30 blocks for a baby quilt in waiting--no baby in mind.  I like to have a baby quilt or two on hand in case I need one in a hurry as a gift.


Stripes are fun!


So are the zigzags!


By the time lunch time arrived, I had 5 blocks finished.



I had to leave before lunch as I had a Modern Guild meeting in the afternoon.  On Monday, I sewed 9 more blocks.




14 done in total by the end of the day Monday.


Yesterday and today, I am working on the last 4 houses for "Coming Home" and using the baby quilt blocks as leaders and enders.


All of the houses are done now and I will be working on getting the doors and windows ready to appliqué next.  There will be more pictures of the houses when I do my post for Slow Sunday Stitching on the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. What joyful blocks for a baby quilt -- love all your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they are bright blocks! You have used some gorgeous fabrics and it will make a fabulous baby quilt! I wonder how you will set them?

    ReplyDelete