Saturday, December 12, 2020

More Christmas Gifts

We are one week closer to Christmas and my gift making is just about done.  I finished off this knitted face cloth this week and it has been gifted to a friend.  For me, one of the best parts of Christmas is making gifts for family and friends.  Since I learned to knit this year, all of my friends received a little knitted something in their Christmas parcels.  I delivered my friends' gifts this week.  

I started one more facecloth this week, just because I had the yarn to make it and I like to keep myself busy, especially when we are in the car.  This one is orange. 

Now that I have mastered face and dish cloths, as well as a simple hat, I am hoping to move on to some more challenging knitting projects in the new year.  I want to learn how to do cables next...

I did a little bit of sewing this week.  I made a second zippered pouch for a friend for Christmas...same outer materials as the one I showed last week but this one has a polka dot lining. 


I was inspired by a photo to make a gift for another friend.  I pieced and quilted this little gift in one day as well as finishing the hand stitching on the binding.  It is in the mail and I hope it arrives in time for Christmas.  It should make her laugh out loud when she sees it. 


Finn continues to assist my daughter with her stitching projects.  The bees blackwork is almost done! She is working on the last hexagon. Doesn't Finn look proud!???


Just in case anyone was wondering what kind of snack to leave out for Santa this year, I have it on good authority that he enjoys poutine!  We saw this inflatable food truck when we were out for a walk last week. 



I will be linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday stitchers in the morning. 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors. You are doing pretty facecloth, hard to beleive you made your first tricot piece this year, they are well done.
    Finn is very proud of your daughter, her blackwork is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such thoughtful handmade gifts! I hope everyone feels the love with which they were made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to get ribbing down really well but want to make cables also - nice gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a delightful post! Love the Santa food truck!
    And Finn is such a wonderful model - I do think he is smiling!
    That variegated yarn is really pretty... where do you get your SUDZ yarn? This is a store here in town but they carry a very limited selection of colours.
    Cables?!?! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely gifts for your friends they are all the more special because you made them yourself. No wonder Fin is looking proud your daughters work is beautiful. You will love knitting cables I can't wait to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great face clothes and pouches. I particularly like the orange one! Your daughter does beautiful work and Finn does look very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post. Neat knitting and so colourful. Yes, Finn certainly is proud looking in that photo and so cute. I'm not at all surprised Santa likes poutine...who doesn't. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy and I think your friends will love your handmade gifts. Looking forward to seeing your daughters blackwork finished and Finn is gorgeous I really want to squeeze his cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant to say your knitting is lovely and smooth and you will manage cable fine,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once you start on knitting cables you will be surprised how easy, and effective they are to knit.
    I always enjoy seeing the progress on your daughters hand work, and pictures of her doting dog too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your knitting is great. I like that orange yarn. Finn is as adorable as usual and your daughter's blackwork is so close to a beautiful finish. Yay. Can't wait to see that surprise gift.

    ReplyDelete