Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Sewing Day

I spent Monday at the weekly Oxford Guild sewing day.  I try to go every week, but was doing some volunteer work during November and December on Mondays, so have not been for a while.  It was fun to get back into sewing after the holidays.  I have been working on Tula Pink's 100 Modern Blocks sampler off and on since March 2019.  On Monday, I finished putting the top together...here is a peek at part of it.



I will be making the backing this week and then taking it to the long arm quilter's house.  I will show the entire quilt when it is done.

The Elgin Piecemakers had their annual post-Christmas dinner at a local restaurant earlier this week.  We meet later in the month and will be handing in two blocks for comfort quilts this month.  I had shown my green block in a previous post (here) and here is my completed black, tan and purple block.  I used my new drunkard's path rulers to make this block.


I did some more embroidery on the weekend and hope to add more to this picture before this weekend's slow stitching post. 


My next UFO challenge is to make a quilt out of these spinning four patch blocks which I made at least two years ago.  I am contemplating three different fabrics for a checkerboard layout...  Option 1- a grey print (excuse the shadow!):


Option 2- white background with blue dots:


Option 3- a blue print.


Here is where you get to weigh in---which one do you prefer???  Or should I use two of them in a pieced block in between the spinning four patches?
Until next time...

6 comments: