Sunday, April 19, 2009

New UFO's


I purchased a jelly roll and a layer cake of this fabric in the fall, not sure exactly what I was going to do with it, but I loved the fabrics. While at the Greenwood Quiltery in Guelph (see sidebar for the link), I saw a pattern that would be perfect for my fabric. I cut out the pieces this week and sewed most of the day yesterday. Lo and behold, I only got two borders on the large squares before I ran out of fabric. I called Cynthia at Cherished Pieces in Tillsonburg where I had bought the JR and LC and she had another JR in stock so I can finish the quilt! The JR is being picked up by another quilter from my town tomorrow night so I will soon be ready to "roll" on this project!


The university quilt for my daughter is underway. She ironed all of the FQ's and I cut out lots of 7 1/2 inch and 4 1/2 inch squares. I still have 2" strips of this light blue fabric and some white fabric to cut out--the layout will be as shown above but some of the borders on the small squares will be white instead of blue. I showed my daughter a quilt made by my friend Jacqui at Treadle Quilts (see sidebar for link) and she liked the pattern that Jacqui used. My daughter will do all of the ironing and the layout for the quilt and I will be doing the sewing. We have made several quilts together in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment