Sunday, November 8, 2009

Quilt "til You Wilt Report

What a glorious day of sewing! Karen and I were among the first to arrive in the ballroom at a local hotel at 7:52 am. We had our sewing stuff and machines up and running by 8am. 26 quilters spent all day quilting--finishing UFO's, starting new projects, chatting and sharing inspiration and encouragement for each other. We cheered when people held up finished projects! The food was fabulous--pastries, bagels, fresh fruit and yogurt for breakfast, sandwiches, salad, crudites, homemade soup, fruit and squares for lunch and salad, garlic bread, lasagna, pasta primavera and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Pop, water, juice, coffee and tea were available all day. AND, no dishes and cleaning up to do!!! You can check the London Friendship Quilters Guild blog for pictures of everyone's projects.

One of the quilters had this pencil case with her and it says it all:
I brought several projects with me in hopes of finishing them off. First, I machine sewed the binding on three quilts that I recently got back from the long arm quilter:

"The Plan" is to finish hand sewing the binding down by Thursday night so I can bring them to the guild meeting for show and tell. Time will tell...

Next, I finished sewing all the blocks of my Fractured Squares quilt. This has been an ongoing project for several months. It kept getting put aside every time there was another project with an urgent deadline.
I laid out all of the blocks on the floor and then sewed them all together. I did not bring the border fabric with me so I will do that later. I am just glad to have all of the blocks pieced and put together!
I also got a good start on my MIL's Christmas gift--she hinted that she wanted a Fall table runner for her dining room table at Thanksgiving. I did not have all of the fabric with me that I needed to finish it off.
Last, but not least, I worked on the last 12 blocks for my disappearing 9 patch. I did not take any pictures of them but will post a picture when I get the top together.

It was a great day... Karen and I left to go home at 8:15pm. There were still a few others there when we left. We had the room at the hotel until 9pm. By 9:30 pm, I was asleep on the couch at home.

Stay posted for more pictures later in the week as I finish the binding on those 3 quilts.


  1. WOW!
    You really got a lot accomplished didn't you?. Great job. Sounds like a wonderful day.

  2. Looks like a great day!

    How jealous am I???


  3. What a fun day this sounds like and you got so much done too!

  4. Wow, great job Gail! And I was cleaning the house and rearranging cupboards!! Would have loved to spend the day sewing. Maybe next time!