The backing and binding are abrown civil war fabric with small paisleys on it that I had in my stash. I used a 1 1/8th strip of fabric for the binding. The name of this quilt is "Lynda's Garbage"--it is named for the quilter who gave me her scraps instead of throwing them out!
I also finished of the baskets I started earlier this week. Here is my entire basket collection...
Now, I am off to have a cup of tea and start cutting out the next step of the "Stars for my Friends" mystery quilt. We received our clue on Thursday night at the guild meeting. We receive the final clue in April and then will have until September to finish off the project for Show and Tell. Our guild has a quilt show in late October so I am hoping to put my mystery quilt in the show. Over 30 members of the guild have participated in the mystery--it will be interesting to see the fabrics that everyone is using!
Have a good week!