Thursday, August 2, 2012

Two More Great Granny Blocks


Christine and I got together again tonight to make some more Great Granny Square blocks.  (Yes--we really did sew together twice this week!) My two blocks are in the picture above. I have decided to make 20 blocks. I am trying not to use the same fabric twice. It is fun to put the fabrics together for each block. The red centres will be the same in every Great Granny!

Christine made another GGS block and this picture shows both of her blocks that she has made so far. She continued to put together some more blocks for another UFO after completing her block.


Here are my 4 completed blocks.

I have another block laid out ready to sew together.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. They look really good, every single one of them. I have 2 cut out, and ready to sew. Now, to get at them, sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both yours and Christine's look nice, lucky you to have time with a sewing buddy! I like your choice of red for your common center, it will tie your scrappy pieces together nicely ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Great Granny blocks. The red in the centre is perfect, and all those other various combinations are going to look great! Your flying geese border is pretty awesome. And your Swoon blocks are definitely swooning quality. Lots of quilty goodness happening in your sewing room!
    Debbie R.

    ReplyDelete