Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sewing Night with Christine

Christine and I got together tonight to do a bit of sewing. I used the cut-offs from my Swoon blocks to make these pinwheels earlier this week...a good use for the bonus HST's!


Tonight, I trimmed 4 of the black ones to 4.5" and used them as cornerblocks for the white sashing on the Swoon blocks.


The London Friendship Quilters' Guild is having a Quilt 'til You Wilt day on Saturday so I will be adding the final white borders to this quilt top then. I have purchased some backing fabric but it will need to be pieced before I can take this quilt to the long armer's house for quilting. This quilt will be put to use on our guest room bed in the summer months. I have quite a few projects that are nearly done so I hope to have lots of projects done by the end of the day Saturday.

Christine worked on some blocks for an "Apple Crisp" quilt that she had cut out over a year ago and is now putting together.


I love the colours.  My stash has many fabrics in these colours.

Christine also made two blocks to send to Erin at My Patchwork Life for her Hurricane Sandy quilts.


I should have more to share after Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Gail, you two have the most productive sew-ins, I wish I were there to join in the fun! I do love those bonus blocks that come along ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete