Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sewing on a Tuesday Evening

 
I put all my Bricks and Stepping Stones blocks together tonight. I have looked in my stash, and believe it or not, I don't have yardage in the right colour to do a border on this quilt. I am going to have to go shopping! I will have to take the top with me to see what colours will look best. I want to do a narrow inner border and then a wider border.  
 
I did my next quilt block for the Elgin Piecemakers chemo quilts too. This one will be handed in at our June meeting--I am ahead of the game!  I found this pattern in the 100 blocks magazine.  It was designed by Julie Herman at Jaybird Quilts.
 
 
I did not have to do much cutting for this block--I had some 2 1/2" squares cut already and Christine donated a few from her stash as well. The darker fabric is really a darker blue--not black as it appears in the photo.

There will be more sewing time this week---I really want to get the back of my Swoon quilt pieced this week...



2 comments:

  1. The orange in that Bricks and Stepping Stones was definitely the right choice. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Can't believe you have to go shopping for borders! LOL!

    ReplyDelete