Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Finish and some WIP's

TaDa!  One black and white curvy pillow done! One more pillow to go and it is only just started...This is a graduation gift for one of my twin nieces. The second pillow may not get done on time, but I will try to get the piecing done tonight so that she can at least see that part tomorrow when the family is here for a Canada Day BBQ.

The second pillow also involves curved piecing...I am a glutton for punishment!

While I was outside taking pictures of the pillow, I noticed that my climbing hydrangea is in bloom.

This orange Echinacea is just starting to bloom as well.  I get to look at this plant every time I go in or out the front door--it is right by the front steps.

Today, Christine, Carol and I got together to work on a new project together. This is the centre of our medallion quilt.


Carol and I made some birds and Christine made some maple leaf blocks.


Christine had to go home early so Carol and I continued to sew...


Before Carol left, we made lots of 4 patches which will be put together for the next border...

 
Here is what we have so far...

 
The maple leaves will probably be in the next border...

Here is my stash report for this week:

Fabric used in the last week: 3.0 yards
Total fabric used this year: 105  yards
Fabric added to the stash in the last week: 0 yards
Total fabric added this year: 93.23 yards
Net fabric used this year: 11.77 yards

These numbers always look better when I don't go to the fabric store...


Here is a sneak peak at another WIP  (Work in Progress!) This is a birthday gift for a friend.


The nine patch mystery is still on the design wall and my Sewing Baskets quilt is still awaiting binding...
 
The Elgin Piecemakers had dinner out for our final meeting of the season and three charity quilts (in progress) were displayed at show and tell, much to the amusement of others in the restaurant.  J and J set the red and white blocks on point.
 
This will certainly brighten someone's day!
 
This batik quilt would be great for a man.
 
We handed in our blue and yellow blocks this month. 
 
I am going to make a few blocks this week for Cheryl at "Dining Room Empire" for flood victims in the Calgary, Alberta area. Here is a link to her blog with the instructions on how to make the blocks. Help her to bring comfort to families who have lost their homes and belongings in the floods by making a few blocks. You can leave a message on her blog to get her mailing address for your blocks.
 
Keep Sewing!

3 comments:

  1. I like the wavy box design for your pillow, good job! Your use of orange is certainly inspired some by your lovely garden blooms ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. tumblers as a strip quilt~! what a great idea.
    somewhat like "coins" in a coin quilt but better~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete