Sunday, November 24, 2013

Snow Day! Sew Days!

When I looked out the window this morning, this is what I saw!  My husband did not believe me so I took a picture and showed it to him!  We spent much of the day outside, digging out the driveway. We can't go anywhere because the snow plough has not been down our street yet, but at least the driveway and path to the door is clear.

Do you see the red square above the door on our garden shed?  Here is a closer look in a different season:

Our shed quilt!


My husband and I (with some help from a friend's son) put in the flagstone landing zone in front of the shed in the spring.

After the shovelling was done, I did some sewing. I spent all day yesterday at a Quilt 'til You Wilt day with the London Friendship Quilters' guild and so lots got done this weekend. My Christmas projects are coming along nicely and should be done in plenty of time for the big day. I would rather make gifts than go shopping in a crowded mall any day!

This lap quilt is a gift for someone who does not read my blog. The colours look better in real life! The pattern is called Trimming the Tree by Sharon Holland. 

The Kaffe fabric was my colour inspiration for this quilt.  The batik background has been in my stash for years and is now just about all gone. I even had enough for the back! This quilt is made entirely from my stash so my stash report is looking good this week.

Fabric used in the last week: 9.7 yards
Total fabric used this year: 202.76  yards
Fabric added to the stash in the last week: none
Total fabric added this year: 151.66 yards
Net fabric used this year: 51.1 yards

I have some binding to do tonight while I watch TV. I will sleep well tonight with all that shovelling and fresh air today.
I need to get this pumpkin thrown into the composter. I am a bit mixed up with my seasons at the moment. I changed my header photo to make my blog more seasonal!  Have a good week!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much snow you got. Here in Windsor there's nothing. Not that I'm complaining, I need to get my winter tires on my car. Have a great day and stay warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new header! You sure got a lot more snow than we did!!

    ReplyDelete