Saturday, November 29, 2014

Guild Sewing Day


This morning, I set off with a suitcase full of fabric and supplies for a full day of sewing with other members of the London Friendship Quilters' Guild. I am happy to tell you that I have finished off almost all of my Christmas sewing!  I have one more small gift to make which should take about 1 hour to do.  Since most of the things I made today are gifts, I cannot show very many pictures.

I can show you the placemats I made for Meals on Wheels. This is an annual project for local seniors who have a meal delivered to them on Christmas day. Last year, members of our guild made about 200 placemats for this charity. I made two placemats today and handed them in to the community outreach committee chair person.


The backs are the same snowman fabric as on the fronts.


This picture was taken before the binding was added. I did the organic quilting.

I had a small accident this morning while working on one of the gifts I made.  I tried to quilt my finger into the quilt. I now have a hole in my nail, right through the other side of my finger. I spent the rest of the day with a sore finger covered in a bandaid...but don't worry, I did not get any blood on my project!  My sore finger made hand stitching the binding an interesting experience...

After Christmas, I will have to do a blogpost about all of the gifts I have made this year.

11 comments:

  1. Ouch ! I am constantly stabbing myself but yours sounds a bit worse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That had to hurt! I love your placemats ... such cute fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! hope it heals quickly. Sounds like you were very productive. Love the snowman fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good sewing day well that is till the unfortunate incident. Hope your finger is better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that happy snowperson fabric on the place mats. Hope your finger is back to normal soon. Sounds painful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, I cringed when I read you finger accident. I hope it feels better soon. The placemat is really cute. I am looking forward to seeing all those Christmas presents after the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice placemats! Our guild has been doing the same thing--great way to use up some of the stash. I hope you have a quick recovery on that finger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute placemats. I like to look at snowmen but not make them in actual snow. My dad's restaurant used to provide meals for Meals on Wheels way back when. When I worked there back in my younger years I remember preparing and packing them up.
    And, ouch! I know what you mean. I caught the side of my finger in the sewing machine last week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to make Christmas placemats for Meals on Wheels! I will share that with one of the guilds in my town.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute snowmen and great placemats for a good cause. Ouch....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness Gail! That is a real set back for slow stitching :(
    Heal up quick!

    ReplyDelete