Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Starting a New Project

Since all my Christmas gifts are made, and as of last night, wrapped, I gave myself permission to start a new project when Christine came over to sew tonight.  I had pulled these fabrics out of my stash a couple of weeks ago for a baby quilt. Once again, I am not using a pattern for this project...I am just making it up as I go along.


The baby will live on a farm so this fabric will be perfect for a baby farm-girl or a baby farm-boy.


My husband bought me a fat quarter bundle last year for Christmas and this is the perfect project for it.  I added the solids from my stash.


I do not intend for this quilt to be for the baby's bed...I hope that it will be used as a playtime quilt.

 It could even be used for a  game of "I Spy..." with all of the different fabrics.


I have an idea for the next border, and the border after that... 

Stay tuned...

5 comments:

  1. Sweet little quilt. I'm hoping to get back to sewing between Christmas and New Year's Eve, plan to spend one day doing nothing but.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Love what you have done. Look forward to your progress of borders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhh...... so cute!!! Perfect for an I Spy on the Farm game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going to be lovely. At first I thought it was just the centre section, but then I saw the red and green border and like it even more. Extra borders will make it even better. I'm sure the baby will love it.

    ReplyDelete