Friday, April 3, 2015

Charity Blocks

I had a little bit of time tonight to do some sewing...my only time for sewing all week.  I grabbed some fabrics from my stash and made a couple of charity quilt blocks for our monthly Elgin Piecemakers chemo quilts.


For this block, I had to use pink, white and green.  I found this fun flower fabric and decided to frame it with some solids.


I saw this pattern in the most recent issue of Quiltmaker magazine. Using the colours navy and taupe, I made this block.

I got home the other night and found a crocus in my garden.  It was never planted in the spot where it was blooming so I think it must have been transplanted by a squirrel.


It gives me hope that Spring will be here soon, despite the fact that we woke up to a few inches of snow one morning this past week.


1 comment:

  1. I love Spring flowers. So full of hope for sunshine and warmth. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete