Sunday, August 20, 2017

Weekend Sewing

I had a busy day yesterday--I went to the local Farmer's Market, did the laundry, dishes, cleaned up a corner of the garage, had a picnic lunch with my dad and went for a walk in the park with him, followed by errands, reading in the gazebo, dead-heading some flowers in the garden and watering my plants.  Whew!  By the time the evening arrived, I was ready for some ME time in the sewing room!  My regular readers will know that I attended a couple of classes with Jacquie Gering this past week.  You can see my post about the first class here.  I had a few more houses to complete when I got home so I made a couple on Thursday night when Christine was here to sew and completed the third one last night.   Here they are:

I call this one "Penthouse".


Would you like to live in this apartment building?


I needed one more house with a green background and had very little green fabric left so I had to piece it to build this house, "Corner Window".


I will work on a layout for my houses sometime soon.

I also made one more liberated sampler block--this one is a pinwheel.  I have 9 blocks made for this quilt now--there will be 64 blocks.  They are 6" blocks.  You can see the rest of my blocks here.


Cathy and I often FaceTime to sew together.  She is doing a giant EPP project and I work on my counted cross stitch snowmen.  It's fun to chat while we sew. I worked on the snow and a little bird.  I love how technology lets me sew with a friend without the travel time!



I hope for some gazebo sewing time later today to add some more stitches to this project.

I am linking up with Kathy and the other Slow Sunday Stitchers.   Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. hope you get to enjoy time outside today - it will be too hot and humid here and I will be in the house most of the day once again - it is already 80 degrees and it is only 9AM - thankfully Wednesday and "cold" front comes through and temps go back to 80/60 hopefully it will not be humid and I can enjoy my porch again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a busy day. I love the progress on the snowmen. I like the bright fabrics of those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add writing your blog post as another accomplishment. I have taken Jackie's walking foot class online and found it beneficial. Lucky you to take a class in person.

    ReplyDelete