Then, I fused the squirrel to my background fabric. I thought leaves were an appropriate background for a squirrel!
I used orange thread for quilting. I managed to get a bit of the quilting done in class--enough to get the squirrel firmly attached to the background fabric. I quilted wavy lines along the stems of the leaves and then added two more wavy lines in between each stem. This dense quilting took a lot of thread--three spools for this small wall hanging.
I finished the quilting this week and love the texture of the orange wavy lines on the squirrel and the background fabric.
I used dark grey with dots on it for the backing and some nice bright orange for the binding. The label is on but I will need to add a hanging sleeve before I can display this quilt on the wall.
I did the last of the hand sewing on the binding tonight and took my quilt outside for a picture, or two.
Since this is my Slow Sunday Stitching post, I should show you this week's progress on my Frank Lloyd Wright counted cross stitch project.
My daughter has been busy working on her next cityscape...New York City!
I will sign off with a picture of a visitor in my yard and some flowers...
Coral Bells and Clematis:
And another clematis...
This visitor was peaking in my window, eyeing up my new quilt...