Thursday, March 19, 2020

Keeping Busy

So, how is everyone doing with their social distancing?  I am trying to stay in the loop with what is happening but I am not watching or listening to the news constantly...too stress inducing!  We have our grand-dog, Finn, with us right now so we have been going for a long walk every morning.  We meet others along the way and everyone stays to their own side of the wide sidewalk and nods as they walk past.  For the rest of the day, I have been reading or knitting or cross stitching or sewing or doing odd jobs around the house. I keep in touch with friends and family via texting or phone calls or FaceTime.  It is very odd to not be able to go out to see them for tea and some stitching and a chat.

I have now finished knitting three cotton dish cloths.   I gave one to my daughter and here are the other two.


I have another pattern for a dish cloth but will need to get some more needles (in a different size) before making it.

I started making a hat this morning--very simple...sewn in the round with stockinette stitch.  Finn likes to stay close by--he does not understand social distancing.


The yarn is quite thick so this is knitting up quickly.  There is no ribbing on this hat so the bottom just rolls up a bit at the edge.  I will borrow a friend's pompom maker after I finish the knitting part.


I have made 20 Scrappy Trips blocks for a lap quilt.  They are up on my design wall, waiting to be sewn together.  I have chosen fabrics from my stash for a 2" border and the binding, and will be quilting this myself with my DSM.

There are plans in the works for more stash busting quilts in my near future.  I am currently sewing on the dining room table as my sidekick, Finn, would not be safe in my sewing room downstairs.  Take care of yourselves.  Keep washing your hands.  Stay connected with your friends and family --isn't it wonderful that we can keep in touch without seeing each other in person??


3 comments:

  1. Love your scrappy trip! We are behaving here too and too much info is not good I agree, it starts to consume you. I am working on deciding on my medicare supplemental insurance. Its hard for me to make the final decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are at home as well and doing the social distancing bit - if the weather is clear we might go to a park to walk we will start to use the delivery service from the small grocery not far from us and not intermingle with others. I am watching too much news and the computer surfing too much I have to stop that and get busy on my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cheery colours in your scrappy trips blocks and such a great block for scraps. Yes it is strange times and we are all doing what we can to flatten the curve.

    ReplyDelete