Saturday, July 4, 2020

This Week's Projects

The neighbourhood is expanding!  I have 20 houses made now and lots of fabric set aside for more of them.  This will be an ongoing project for a few weeks.  

I also made the June and July blocks for the London Modern Quilt Guild HST block of the month mystery quilt.  There was one block for June and two for July so now I am all caught up until the next block pattern comes out in August.  Each month, we learn how to make HST's in a different way for our block that month. 

I started another knitted facecloth this week...this time with a green variegated yarn.  I did some knitting in the gazebo this afternoon, even though it was hot outside. 

I finished the hexagon lap quilt this week.  My cousin was going to visit her Dad and step-Mother this week and so suddenly, I had a deadline!  In two days, I had it pin basted, quilted and bound. My cousin came and picked it up from my porch and delivered it on Canada Day. They loved their quilt and were very surprised!  I made 4 quilts these past few months for 4 sets of aunts and uncles...the two farm quilts, the blue and gray quilt, and the hexagon quilt. Everyone has their quilts now.  

I quilted this one with red thread in straight lines. 


The front...

And the back, made with leftovers from the front and other black fabrics from my stash. 


These scrappy trips blocks are sewn together now (but not in the picture above!) and I have purchased fabric for borders and the backing.  It is being washed and I will try to get this one ready for quilting next. I have not decided if I will try to quilt this one myself or hire a long armer.   This quilt will be donated to the hospice. 

My husband and I went for a short hike earlier this week and met a couple of new, slow moving, "friends"... a turtle, and snail!


It's amazing what you see when you look down and around as you walk along. 

The flowers in our garden are doing well, thanks to being watered with the hose...we have not had much rain lately. 

Butterfly weed:

Coreopsis:


The Astilbe is about to pop open. 

My daughter finished her cityscape this week...How many of you guessed that this was Chicago?

I will be linking up with Kathy and the other slow stitchers tomorrow.  I hope to do some more knitting tomorrow.  Take care and have a good week. Be kind and wear your mask when near other people. 

6 comments:

  1. The hexagon quilt is striking. You could have your charity quilt done quicker than any long armer based on fast you put the recently gifted quilt together. The hexie back is as pretty as the front! Lots of watering going on at our house too due to hot days and no rain. Chicago was also quickly stitched. Love the ferris wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you have been busy. Your hexagon quilt is beautiful. I like the zig-zag pattern of the charity quilt. My Astilbe are already past peak bloom here. Your other flowers are so pretty. Congrats on your daughter's Chicago stitching. How pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hexagon quilt! I was helping a neighbor straight stitch a memory quilt she made for her sister. She was surprised how long it was taking Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects, and lovely flowers and scenery. It has been too hot to sit outside here. I am still having to get my yard work done by 9:30 a.m. or it is already too hot. Hope we have some cooler days in our future! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hexie finish and trip around the world look great. It sounds as if your four quilts have been much appreciated. The colours in Chicago are so nice. Does she choose them herself or stick to the recommended numbers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely projects to admire on your blog, plus nature photos too!

    ReplyDelete