Friday, February 5, 2021

Yellow Blocks and some Slow Stitching

Yellow is the colour for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I decided to use yellow and gray in my Colour block quilt this month, which means that this project works for both challenges. I had already cut lots of yellow 2.5" squares and only had to cut some more gray ones to make these blocks. 

I have been working on some gifts this week, which cannot be revealed yet, so I used these blocks as my leaders and enders. Soon, I had 4 blocks. The gray fabrics have all been purchased in the last 3-4 years but some of these yellows have been in my stash for over 10 years. 


Today, I was sewing with Christine on FaceTime and I sewed 8 more blocks. I am aiming for 16 blocks for this month's Colour Block quilt. 


I still have lots of little squares left so it should not take long to make the last four blocks. 

The Love Birds cross stitch picture is approaching being one third done. I am not sure I have enough floss in some of the colours so may need to order more at some point to finish the picture. I'm working on the light green leaves at the moment. 



Some of you thought that the bicycle embroidery was being stitched by me but it is my daughter's project. She has finished it now. 


She has started another embroidery picture of a coffee pot and some flowers...this is a stitch-along hosted by the Barmy Fox on Instagram and here it is after 4 days of stitching. 

Finn wanted me to make sure I showed you the cityscape as well.  Just in case you wondered, he does not touch any of her stitching stuff in the basket beside him.  He is much more interested in dirty socks from the laundry basket. 


I love this picture of Finn, taken one morning this week by my daughter. 



We had a very frosty morning one day this week so I took lots of pictures on my walk.  The spikey frost was amazing!









Someone had made some Valentines to hand in the trees along the path. 



I will link up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge folks in the morning and with the Slow Sunday Stitchers on Sunday morning. 

15 comments:

  1. Yellow and Gray are the Pantone colors of the year, so your blocks are perfect for 2021. You and your daughter are having great embroideries progress. Finn is such a cute dog. It was cold outside, stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something very classy about yellow and grey together! Nice to see progress on your wedding gift embroidery. Your daughter is a lovely smooth and even embroiderer too, she certainly has some beautiful projects on the go. Finn really is adorable. Your ice photography is so clear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like yellow and gray together in the color blocks - nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the look of yellow with grey. Such a modern feel! The frost is so beautiful! Hard to imagine how cold it must be to result in such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your frost pictures are beautiful, and Finn looks like a happy guy, too! I like your yellow and gray scraps together in those blocks - such a great combination. Enjoy your slow stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE 16-patches. They are fun filler blocks for me. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling blocks - yellow and gray are always so nice together. Your frost pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, that frosty weather does look chilly! Always nice to see Finn pop up regularly in your blog. Does your daughter know that he is a cyber star? Together with her gorgeous stitching too,of course.
    Love your pretty yellow and grey blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is snowing here again, but nothing as pretty as that spiky snow you photographed. Those yellow blocks are fantastic. I just had to order some floss that I was running out of also. I don't want to find myself stuck until I receive it. Your daughter's bicycle embroidery is beautiful. Does she leave them in the hoops as frames or does she finish them in another way. I love how they all perfect fit in the hoops. Finn is such a good pup leaving all the crafting supplies alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stitching from both of you! I like the dimensional flowers on the bike basket one. Whipped Spiders Webs? And your blocks are lovely. They will make a nice quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The yellow and grey blocks look great together. Love seeing the progress on yours and your daughters stitching! As always Finn is quite photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh Finn!!! So adorable! your yellow and grey blocks look so great together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely your blocks of yellow and grey squares look all gathered together. Lots of pretty little squares of sweet patterns there. Yellow and grey always marry together perfectly. It is always fun to see a sweet photo of Finn and of course, your daughter's embroideries are always a treat for the eyes. She truly is a beautiful embroiderer. As for your photos of the frost, they are incredible. How cold your little world looks....cold but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photo's of the frost. your daughter does such pretty work! Love the yellow and grey blocks - calming yet cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your 16-patches are very pretty as is your cross stitch & your daughter's embroidery projects. That Finn looks like he's just waiting for smooches! 💕

    ReplyDelete