Saturday, May 27, 2023

Table Runner Done and Cross Stitch

 I finished the lilac stars table runner binding off last weekend for slow Sunday stitching. It is now ready for gifting! I added a lilac print stripe on the back to make it long enough. 



I managed to do some cross stitching most days this week so now I have two sunflowers done and parts of a few leaves. There are four more smaller sunflowers in this quadrant of the picture. 


My daughter has been adding more colours to her Ottawa cityscape. Finn is a good cross stitch holder, don't you think??? 


I spent some time in my sewing room this week tidying and putting things away.  I have a basket on my desk for scraps and it was overflowing--all scraps are sorted and put in the appropriate bins now.  Fabric has been folded and put away.  Miscellaneous tools and notions have been put away.  I still have a pile of papers to go through and file away.  It is looking much better!  I found my little tabletop thread catcher that had been MIA for several months under a pile...

We have been working on the gardens-- weeding, moving plants, mulching and we are just about done.  It's looking good!   The bubbling rock is bubbling again now that the pump has been installed for the season.  The clematis bloomed this week. 
 





Lots of pink and purple flowers blooming in the gardens at the moment!




Finn is enjoying spending time outside now that the weather is warmer.  His tag says "I'm a people dog". It does not lie!






I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning.  Have a great week!

11 comments:

  1. The lilac star tablerunner is lovely, Gail! Your cross-stitch project is really coming along, too. Love the little bees! Beautiful blooms in your yard - I bet you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the table runner. Love the pictures of your garden. Finn is his usual adorable self!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lilac table runner is beautiful. Your cross-stitch is really coming along as is your daughter's. I like your bubbling rock and all of your flowers. Finn always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabric in your table runner. I’m sure your friend will love it! The sunflower cross stitch is looking great. Love Finns tag, he does look like a people dog! Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful finish the Lilac table runner is. A lovely gift for the lucky recipient. The sunflowers are looking fabulous; as is your daughter's Ottawa Landscape. The colours in the landscape are fabulous. Why, of course Finn is a people dog....who could resist that sweet face. I must say your garden is looking beautiful, Gail. Pink and purple flowers always dance together fabulously. How nice to have bubbling water in your garden. The sound of water in a garden is always soothing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty lilac runner! It feels good to have a sewing area reorganized. My clematis have not yet bloomed. Certainly, Finn enjoys his time outside. The flower photos are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to look twice at the bubbling rock to see what that was all about! Pretty table runner and lovely flowers. Hello to Finn, he's looking as good as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous garden pictures. They look so peaceful. Love the progress on your cross-stitch. I find it amazing how much time it takes for what appears to be little progress. I'm a cross-stitcher too so can appreciate your efforts. That Finn! Needs a smooch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stitching sunflowers + Finn is the perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty runner - just in time for summer. I'm sure the receiver with love it. I just bought a lilac bush yesterday. I love the scent. the sunflower stitching is wonderful.
    Such Gorgeous blooms in your garden.

    ReplyDelete