It's been a busy week in the sewing department! On Monday, I pin basted my nine patch quilt. I quilted it with my walking foot yesterday and I have binding picked out to cut and sew on today. This quilt will be done and ready for show and tell at our September guild meeting! I used a 28wt light grey thread for the quilting.
I pieced the medium blue block for my "circle" quilt and now all the blocks are made. I went searching through my stash for an appropriate sashing fabric as I did not want the blocks to be butted up against each other in the finished quilt. I found this black and white striped fabric and will use this for both the sashing and the binding. I am going to cut the sashing at 1.5" so only an inch will show once everything is sewn together.
I added yellow and green beads to my counted cross stitch project. Three more colours to go!
I am working on hand quilting this pieced border, just figuring out what to quilt as I go along. I am quilting the final border as well. I still haven't figured out what to do in the wider blue border. It will come to me eventually!
On our walk one day this week, we saw Mama deer and two fawns in the woods beside the path.
There were some interesting spider webs as well.
There were some very nice sunbeams this week too.
I will link up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers at Kathy's blog, the Rainbow Scrap Challenge folks at Angela's blog and Frederique, as usual. Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment