I picked up my Fall Trees cross stitch from the framer this week. I'm really pleased how the orange frame looks with these colourful trees. It is now hanging in our living room. I didn't even pick up my cross stitch this past week but hope to add some stitches this coming week.
I made my daughter a quilt when she graduated from university and the binding was worn out so I cut it off and machine stitched some new grey binding on. This will be my hand stitching project over the next couple of days. There were a few spots on this quilt that needed to be machine mended where the fabric had worn through so those were fixed too. This quilt has been used a lot and has been washed several times so the colours are a bit faded. I plan on making her a new quilt shortly but there has not been time to pick out fabrics yet. She has decided on a pattern already.

I found some bonus HST's in a bag in my sewing room while I was looking for something else so I made two placemats for Meals on Wheels. I still have a few stitches to add on the binding of the second placemat. The backing fabric is a Chrsitmas/Winter theme so the placemat can be used all year round.
I bought backing for the jelly roll donation quilt and got started on the walking foot quilting. I am about half done. I think I have enough of the backing fabric to make the binding when the quilting is done.
We took Finn for a walk in the woods today. He is worn out tonight and is currently sleeping in his bed. It was a beautiful day.

This picture was taken on one of my morning walks this week.
I will link up with Frederique and Kathy.







No comments:
Post a Comment