Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sleeves and Binding...

As I said in my last post, I have been working away at getting sleeves put on the quilts I am putting in the quilt show. I am happy to report that I only have two more (large) quilts to go! I picked up the "Fiddlesticks" and "Scrappy Sampler" quilts on Friday from the quilting lady and today finished the binding on "Fiddlesticks". Here are a couple of pictures showing the quilting detail and binding/backing.

I have also pieced a couple more table runners. The first one is for me and the second one is a gift for a friend. I purchased the pumpkin fabric at the quilt show in Ingersol a few weeks ago and bought some of the other fabrics in the runner at a shop hop in the Niagara Penninsula at the beginning of October. These are not quilted yet.


These two quilts now have sleeves and special hangers to display them. I purchased the star hanger at Gone to Pieces in St. Catharines, Ontario. The "Welcome" hanger was purchased at a quilt show in St. Mary's. They will hang in our family room as soon as I get nails in the wall...

No comments:

Post a Comment