Sunday, April 5, 2009

University Quilt


My 17 year old daughter decided at the last minute to apply for university in the fall instead of taking an extra year of courses at high school. Lo and behold, 4 days later she received an acceptance from the university that was her first choice, followed closely by an acceptance from the second choice. We are in the midst of finding out as much information as possible about both institutions so that she can decide where she is going to go. I had thought I had another year to work on a quilt for her residence room but now these plans have had to be accelerated. While on our recent vacation, she picked out some Amy Butler FQ's for her quilt. We were at the Greenwood Quiltery in Guelph, Ontario yesterday and she picked out a pattern and the rest of the FQ's we need for the quilt. I love the fabrics she chose! We also saw a quilt at the store yesterday that she liked so I am going to do my own variation on it for her. Keep checking my blog for posts on progress on the University quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! pretty colours :-). I love Amy Butler's fabrics and isn't the Guelph store just perfect for that???

    ReplyDelete