Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Little Shopping Trip


Today, we were in Goderich and stopped by "Quilters by the Square". I brought my daughter's university quilt with me to find some borders and some backing. My daughter chose some light blue flannel for the back and a soft pink for a narrow border for the quilt. I have some white fabric left which will be used for a wider outside border and then the whole thing will be bound with light blue. I think it will look great!!!






I also bought some blue fabric for binding for my yellow and blue star quilt and the pinwheel wall hanging that I made last week. It is the same as one of the blue fabrics that is in the quilt so I will not bore you with a picture of fabric you have already seen!




I started cutting out a new project last night--This will be a lap quilt using a pattern I found on the internet--the pattern is called "Chloe's Christmas" but I am using a Debbie Mumm gardening fabric as my focus and several co-ordinating fabrics. I needed one more light yellow fabric to use for background for the stars in the quilt so I found that today in Goderich as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment