Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sewing Day :-)

I took a day of vacation today and spent the day with Christine sewing!  I worked on 3 Christmas gifts--I can give you a sneak peek because the recipients do not look at my blog...

I used a quick and easy method, as shown in this Youtube video from the Missouri Star Quilt Company, to make these 2 table runners and table topper. As you can see, I just have to hand sew the binding and they will be done!

Christine also worked on some binding--she put the binding on her daughter's quilt so it is now ready for some hand sewing as well.


Both of us like to work on these hand sewing projects while watching TV or in the car (when we are the passengers!)

Christine also made some bias "vine" for a Christmas tree skirt which has been lurking in her closet as a UFO for a few years now...progress is being made--maybe it will be under her tree next year.



These pillowcases are for some family members in Christine's family. I love the sock monkey fabric!


You may have noticed that we did our ironing in my kitchen. My husband came home tonight and said that my quilting is taking over the entire house...

I will post pictures of the finished table topper and table runners when they are done.

1 comment:

  1. That was an awesome video! Thanks for posting the link. I can't wait to try the technique. :)

    Happy quilting!
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete