Monday, January 23, 2012

I must be CRAZY!

I have a confession to make...I started another new project yesterday...

I was blog surfing the other day, quite innocently of course, when I found this hexagon quilt-along pattern at Jaybird Quilts.  I had a couple of BaliPops in my stash and I had been keeping an eye out for a project for one of them.  These hexagons are the perfect project for these batik strips!  I have had this ruler forever and have never used it.

It took no time at all to pair up the strips and sew them together.


I cut out enough triangles to make two hexagons with each pair of strips.


Then I had to decide how to put them together...


How about this one?


Or this one? 

I decided on the windmills and cut a few more triangles out tonight and sewed three triangles together to make the two halves of each hexagon.


There will be more colour variety as I cut into more of the strips but I am liking it so far. I will decide on the final layout once I have all the half hexagons sewn together.

The BaliPop set I am using is called "Sherbert".

I will have to see what I can find to make with my other BaliPop...  Do you have any suggestions???

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Congratulations on a great new start!
    Debbie R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that quilt along and enjoyed it a lot! I swore I'd do another one, but haven't yet. My layout was the same one you settled on, too. Wonder if it was for the same reason-less seam matching? You will enjoy it for sure, and I won't even call you crazy!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's beautiful! You should make another on e exactly the same and give it to me.

    ReplyDelete