Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Gift

My friend, Christine, celebrated her birthday earlier this week. Tonight, we got together for our usual sewing night together. I gave her some wool pieces for an upcoming applique project as well as this pincushion which I finished tonight.

I got the pattern from the Moda Bake shop.  I think I would like to make a few more of these!

It makes me smile when people like the gifts that I make for them...



On Mother's Day, my husband and I spent the day with our parents. We went on the annual London Free Press "Shunpiker Tour"--a car rally featuring stops at local attractions, some well known, and others more obscure. We took my Dad to see Fanshawe Pioneer Village before meeting my husband's parents for lunch and some more of the tour in the afternoon. This picture was taken at the pioneer village...


This lady was demonstrating how she makes braided rugs...



We stopped to see a new barn quilt in Delaware on our way home. Several new barn quilts have been put up in our area in the last few months.


I see another barn quilt road trip in our near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment