Saturday, October 27, 2012

Quilt Show Photos

My friend, Karen, and I took our husbands out for dinner last night and then we all went to the London Friendship Quilters' Guild "Harvest of Quilts" show at Rowntree United Church in London.  It was a cold, wet night but the quilts were warm and cheerful!

Several members made the "Stars for my Friends" mystery and finished their quilts in time to hang them in the quilt show. Each one looked very different even though the same pattern was used for each one.

M added an extra row of frendship stars at the top to make it rectangular.

This one was made from batiks.

I like the extra star blocks in the corners!
 
I like the scrappy majestic mountains on this one.
 
This quilter likes to make smaller quilts and stopped at the snowball border before adding her own borders to frame it.
 
There was at least one more mystery quilt there made by my friend Jacqui but I did not get a picture of it.  :-(
 
Charlene made this charm quilt. It took a while to collect all of those fabrics.
 
This wool penny rug quilt was one of my favourites!
 
This quilt was displayed in the vendors' area. Do you recognize the blocks?  They are all the blocks that my husband and I saw on our Middlesex county barn quilt tour a couple of weeks ago.
 
The quilt show is still on today from 10-4 so you still have time to go over and see the quilts. The 9 vendors would be happy to have you visit them as well. I lightened my wallet a bit at the vendors' mall...
 
It is rainy and cold today. Clean up jobs to do this morning and then some sewing this afternoon...
 
Have a great weekend!


1 comment: