Sunday, February 24, 2013

Scrappy trips top done, another top started...

I put the blocks together and added borders to my scrappy trips quilt this weekend. I am in the midst of piecing the back so it will soon be off to the quilter's house.  This quilt is for a person I know who likes to play baseball. There are 3 different baseball fabrics in it and there will be a 4th one on the back.

This quilt came together pretty quickly and I would definately use this pattern again!

My aunt fell a week ago and broke her leg...she had to have surgery and will be in for a long recovery period. I decided to make her a lap quilt to keep her warm while she heals. I put the blocks together on Friday night and put them up on my new design wall (a birthday gift!). Here is a sneak peak--I am not totally in love with this quilt but I am hoping that borders will pull it together.  I will put the blocks together and then audition some borders. If any of you have any ideas, please let me know!

 The pattern is Yellow Brick Road. I used this pattern a few years ago to make a queen sized batik quilt which I called Off my Beaten Path.

I am going to try to do my stash report on Sundays from now on so I can link up at Patchwork Times.

 Fabric used in the last week: 3.8 yards
Total fabric used this year: 40.8 yards
Fabric added to the stash in the last weeks: .25 yards (one fat quarter!)
Total fabric added this year: 54 yards
Net fabric added this year: 13.2 yards.

I also bought some thread this week, but that doesn't count!  :-)

4 comments:

  1. They are looking fabulous!!! And you're right, buying thread doesn't count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scrappy trips is awesome and I love that you added a border. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt's accident. I hope she heals quickly. I think a quilt is just the ticket to speed up her healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scrappy trip looks fab! and I'm looking forward to seeing the quilt on your design wall grow. I love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to sew the scrappy trips too...very fun and fast...and a great scrap user.
    Love the idea of making one with a theme!

    ReplyDelete