Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back from Vacation...

I was here last week with my husband and my daughter. This pic was taken from the 94th floor of the Hancock Building in downtown Chicago.

It was a long way up but the views were amazing!

We did a few architectural tours by bus, by boat and by train on the "L". My favourite building was designed by a woman...it is called Aqua, for obvious reasons!


Tonight, Cathy and Karen came over for some sewing. It was the first time I have even looked at my machine since I got home on the weekend.

Cathy worked on putting her blocks together for her Lazy Sunday mystery quilt.  She got 1/4 of the top put together.


Karen worked on a thimble table runner:


I worked on attaching borders to my 9 patch mystery. Cathy will be quilting it before our September London Friendship Quilters Guild Meeting.


I purchased a wide back before I decided to add the borders so I may have to do some inserts into the back to make it big enough. I have lots of fabric in my stash so I should be able to do this without having to purchase any more fabric...

I will do my next stash report on the weekend...I did some shopping in Chicago at Quiltology... a very dangerous store for someone who is trying to reduce her stash! (Especially when everything was on sale!)


This bricks and mortar shop will be closing soon and going online only.

Lots of fun quilts on display and wonderful bright and happy fabrics!


No comments:

Post a Comment