Sunday, October 6, 2013

Stash Enhancement!

As you know, Carol, Christine and I were recently away in Michigan for a week for the Beaver Island Quilt Retreat. We visited 6 quilt stores in 7 days and I did some serious damage to my stash report...

On our way to Elk Rapids, we stopped at Linda's Country Quilts in Davison and an Amish Quilt store near Clare. I bought a few things in both stores, focusing on enhancing my drawer full of lights and neutrals which has faced some serious depletion in recent months.

The next day, we went to Renee's where we saw this barn quilt on display outside.


A close up...

I don't think I would want to sew this quilt block!  More neutrals/lights were added here.

Next up was Now and Then in Elk Rapids where "Gwen's People" were given a 30% discount on everything in the store!  Again, I stayed focussed on purchasing more neutrals, even though there was lots of other fabric to tempt me!

On Thursday, we took a field trip to Cousins Quilt store in Belair:

 
 
 
 
 
 and Hearts to Holly in Charlevoix:

 
 

 It was at these two stores that I decimated my stash report...


I also purchased two cloth book panels, 6.75 yards for backing for the Lazy Sunday mystery (on the sale shelf for 40% off!) and some flannel for PJ's for my nieces' birthday later this month. (The flannel is not included in my stash numbers because it is for clothing, not quilts!)

Fabric used in the last 3 weeks: .75 yards
Total fabric used this year: 132.91  yards
Fabric added to the stash in the last week: 20 yards YIKES!
Total fabric added this year: 140.91 yards
Net fabric added this year: 8.0 yards

I took this picture at a farm where we purchased some apples.
 
 
Today, I did a little hand stitching and finished off my wonky house block that I started at the Becky Goldsmith workshop in early September. I hope to make this into a small wall hanging by adding some borders.

By now, you are probably wondering what I worked on at the retreat. I will not be able to show any pictures for a while since I worked on some gifts for Christmas. Have a good week.

3 comments:

  1. Only 23 more yards to go, and you can be at the same fabric added numbers as me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house block is adorable - so fun and happy!
    And your stash is just as happy with it's recent feeding! LOL
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Wonky house!
    xo jan@sewandsowfarm

    ReplyDelete