Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Placemats for Meals on Wheels

At the October meeting of the London Friendship Quilters' Guild, we were each asked to make two placemats for folks who receive meals on wheels each day. They will be given out in Christmas goodie bags with the meals that are delivered on December 25th. We have done this for the last few years and the staff at Meals on Wheels tells us that the recipients are delighted to receive them. Tonight, I made two placemats with the leftover HST's from the Christmas gift quilt I showed in my last post. (I am still not done hand sewing the binding on that quilt!)

The colours in this photo are not true to what the placemats really look like... 

Christine will be here tomorrow night for our weekly sewing night. I will be back to finishing off some Christmas projects...

No comments:

Post a Comment