Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Catching up...

I had hoped to do a 2014 wrap up post...but that did not happen.

I had hoped to do a 2015 goals post, but life got in the way...

I have not done any sewing for at least 3 weeks, until tonight when Christine came over. First, I made a pillow case for the local "Inn out of the Cold" shelter for the homeless. The Elgin Piecemakers had their annual Christmas dinner last night and we were all to bring in a pillowcase--I had forgotten about it completely so I promised to make one and deliver it to Debbie by the end of the week.

At our regular January meeting, everyone is to bring a red and white heart block.  I did a free pieced string heart for my block.



I also dug out the farm quilt and sewed the little blocks onto the centre and added a second black and white border.  I have an idea for the next border...stay tuned. 



I have been working on catching up on our family Christmas Scrapbook. I have done a two page spread of pictures in this book for every Christmas since my husband and I got married 25 years ago. About 5 years ago, I quit doing the pages each year for some reason and recently was the brunt of some heckling from my daughter and her cousins about the book stopping in 2009...  Since Christmas, I have finished up the pages for 2010 and 2011...2012 is well underway and the pictures are printed for 2013.  I hope to get this project caught up within the next week or so. I vow to keep it up from now on and not get so far behind again!

Santa and friends were good to me again this year...that is a new cutting mat...my old one had seen better days--it was over 25 years old!  I used my new pincushion tonight!  I also received some gift certificates from my favourite quilt shops...now I will have to do some shopping.

Here is my (late) final stash report for 2014:

Fabric used since my last stash report: 11.6 yards
Total fabric used this year: 98.95 yards
Fabric added to the stash since my last report: 7.25 yards
Total fabric added this year: 80.15 yards
Net fabric used this year: 18.8 yards

Not bad---I ended up in the black. I want to know why it doesn't look like my piles of fabric have diminished!

1 comment:

  1. I recently worked on a quilt that used a ton of scraps, and you can't tell a difference looking at mine either!

    ReplyDelete