Saturday, August 15, 2015

Frank Lloyd Wright Pin and Cross Stitch

When my husband and I visited the Darwin Martin House in Buffalo a couple of years ago, I bought myself a pin based on part of the Tree of Life stained glass windows in the house.


Until I started this cross stitch project, I always wore it with the three beads on the bottom...I guess I will have to wear it with them on the top now!

Last week, my Tree of Life cross stitch looked like this:


I did quite a bit of back stitching this week and will soon have to move the hoop up to work on the upper part of the window.



Besides this project, I am not doing any sewing these days.  Life is busy and stressful. I am thankful for a few moments of cross stitching to help keep me sane.  Some days this is working better than others. I hope to do some more back stitching tomorrow in the gazebo.  I am linking up to Kathy's Slow Sunday stitching.

7 comments:

  1. sewing sure can be a stress relief :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always need our crafts for some stress relief. The Tree of Life window is growing beautifully. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous... and you have a pin to match!?!?
    Enjoy your moments of relaxation with stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying seeing your progress on this! Isn't it wonderful to have a few minutes of hand sewing to keep us sane?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely slow stitching....take a deep breath and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just ran across your post and was curious to see your finished project. My mom recently passed away, and I found her FLW Tree of Life pin with her jewelry. I’m guessing she bought hers in Arizona, as I think that’s the last FLW location she visited (many many years ago). Hers has a lavender square with green beads around the perimeter. I thought hers was missing a bead until I saw your post. :)

    ReplyDelete