Sunday, September 6, 2015

Frank and the Squirrel

I managed to find a bit of time this week to do some more stitching on my Frank Lloyd Wright "Tree of Life" counted cross stitch project. The top part of this picture involves a lot more counting and checking to make sure I am in the right spot than the bottom part did!

 
My plan for the rest of the top section is to do some cross stitching and then some outlining as I work across the picture so that I can keep everything lined up as I go along. 
 
Here is a picture of Frank from two weeks ago:
 

 
 
And here is Frank today:
 

 
 
Maybe, just maybe, I will have some time to put a few more stitches in sometime this weekend.
 
Earlier this week, my husband took this picture of our backyard squirrel, eating a walnut while sitting on the shed. He thinks he is the king of the backyard, overlooking his kingdom!  I think he has been eating a lot of walnuts as he is quite fat!
 

 
Happy Slow Sunday Stitching Day!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that must take a lot of patience Gail. I'd have real trouble with cross stitch because I just can't count to save my life! Love your shed - it looks far nicer than my home, haha! Lucky squirrel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done any cross stitch in years. We have a lot of squirrels here also. This week I saw one picked up by a large bird! I had to take a double look as it looked like the bird had a squirrel tail. Part of the circle of life I prefer not seeing but it happened right in front of me. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still love the Tree of Life. It is coming along nicely. I agree, that is one fat squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good!! Cross stitch always feels like it takes forever to show any progress, and it looks like you're making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That squirrel is huge! You must be very patient - I know I'd get all the counting wrong but your work is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making great progress with Frank!
    That squirrel does look like he owns the place! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very precise stitching on your Frank project. Looks great.
    That does look like one pudgy squirrel.

    ReplyDelete