Monday, November 9, 2015

All Cooped Up

I was at a quilting class, "Improvising with Intent", on Saturday with Christine.  Cheryl Arkison from Dining Room Empire was our teacher.  I will do another post soon about the class and her trunk show but I wanted to show you our treats:  
 
 
Quilter's Chocolate!
 
 
Tonight was sewing night with Christine.  I worked on an attic windows setting for my chicken blocks I made earlier this year.  I am going to call this quilt "All Cooped Up!"   The 3D boxes really show up with this picture. I have some fun fabric to use for the border which I will add once the blocks are together. 
 
 

I also made two pillowcases for our local "Inn out of the Cold" program.  The Elgin Piecemakers Guild members each make two pillowcases to donate each November. 


Christine worked on a placemat for Meals on Wheels and on a pieced backing for a quilt top she made earlier this year.   Next week, we are going to make Christmas stockings for a homeless women's shelter before working on our own projects.  I already have fabric picked out for the stockings...

4 comments:

  1. Those chocolates are great. I've never seen any like that. Love the chicken quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got one of each of the four kinds at the Modern Quilt X show in St. Mary's in September. The chocolate lady had a booth there :-). They were very yummy, but alas, they are already long gone. Road trip LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chicken blocks are so much fun! If they were my chocolates there only be the wrappers left by now lol! Look forward to your upcoming posts about your quilting class with Cheryl Arkinson :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your chicken are so cute--love that "Hen Party" hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete