Monday, January 30, 2017

Slab blocks for the Canadian Quilt Bee


I belong to two quilt guild, both of which are participating in the Canadian Quilt Bee to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday this year. We were given some pieces of Canada 150 fabric to use in each of our slabs.  The Canadian Quilter's Association is hoping to gather enough blocks by their annual quilt show in Toronto to make 1000 quilts for Ronald McDonald Houses across Canada.  

Tonight, I made 4 slabs  in red, brown, yellow and blue.  I dug into my scrap bins to make my slabs.  I used up lots of scraps but there is no difference in the amount of fabric in the bins...the lids would hardly go back on after I fluffed up the scraps.


I have some more Canada 150 fabric and hope to make some more blocks soon for this worthwhile project.  Heaven knows, I have lots of scraps!

I am linking up with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts where you can see slabs that others have been making.  

3 comments:

  1. That's the funny thing about scraps bins.... They never seem to get any less full. Your lovely blocks will make a great contribution to this worthwhile project. I am so glad to have you linking up to the bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made four blocks. They are a lot of fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blocks. It's a great idea to be doing each in one colour...I hadn't thought of that!

    ReplyDelete